By Rick Hubbell
Now that your mind is hopefully no longer over-saturated with most of the “2014 tips”, I wanted to share these seven that will make a difference in your life. Before it turns February! I am working on these myself and they are really helping me. So is our entire church.
(recently shared at Harvest Church Pensacola)
Arenas to apply this to: me – family – friends – church – work – beyond
1. Practice Praising God
- Have I practiced praising God for who He is from my heart today?
- Is my praise increasing?
2. Practice “Purposing” & Prioritizing
- What can I do today that is part of my calling?
- Today am I actually doing/prioritizing what I know in my heart is most important?
3. **Practice Praying
- When can I pray fervently today?
- Am I including the nation, my city, Pensacola believers, those in authority and those in need – in addition to my needs?
4. Practice Paying Attention To God’s Word
- Am I paying attention to what God is saying to me today?
- Am I taking seriously the messages and spiritual insights I hear?
5. Practice Showing Kindness
- How can go out of my way to be kind to someone today?
- Am I speaking kindly about others?
6. Practice Loving Those Closest to You
Do you really think Jesus intended that in a great hurry to mow the neighbor’s yard that you make a rude remark to your spouse and family, rushing out the door? That is not what He meant at all.
- How can I show those closest to me that I love them today?
- Are those closest to me getting my best or the leftovers?
7. Practice Sharing About God
- Have I told anyone, anything about God today?
- Am I willing to respond to any divine opportunity today that may come my way to share?