By Rick Hubbell
Now that your mind is hopefully no longer over-saturated with most of the “2014 tips”, I wanted to share these seven that will make a difference in your life. Before it turns February! I am working on these myself and they are really helping me. So is our entire church.
(recently shared at Harvest Church Pensacola)
Seven Principals for 2014 from Harvest Pensacola on Vimeo.
Arenas to apply this to: me – family – friends – church – work – beyond
1. Practice Praising God
“As for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more.” (Psalm 71:14)
- Have I practiced praising God for who He is from my heart today?
- Is my praise increasing?
2. Practice “Purposing” & Prioritizing
“For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” (Eph. 2:10)
- What can I do today that is part of my calling?
- Today am I actually doing/prioritizing what I know in my heart is most important?
3. **Practice Praying
“Pray in the Spirit in every situation. Use every kind of prayer and request there is. For the same reason be alert. Use every kind of effort and make every kind of request for all of God’s people.” (Ephesians 6:18)
- When can I pray fervently today?
- Am I including the nation, my city, Pensacola believers, those in authority and those in need – in addition to my needs?
4. Practice Paying Attention To God’s Word
“Then he added, “Pay close attention to what you hear. The closer you listen, the more understanding you will be given—and you will receive even more. To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given.” (Mark 4:24-25)
- Am I paying attention to what God is saying to me today?
- Am I taking seriously the messages and spiritual insights I hear?
5. Practice Showing Kindness
“Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” (Ephesians 4:32)
- How can go out of my way to be kind to someone today?
- Am I speaking kindly about others?
6. Practice Loving Those Closest to You
Do you really think Jesus intended that in a great hurry to mow the neighbor’s yard that you make a rude remark to your spouse and family, rushing out the door? That is not what He meant at all.
“Love your neighbor as yourself.” There is no commandment greater than these.” (Mark 12:31)
- How can I show those closest to me that I love them today?
- Are those closest to me getting my best or the leftovers?
7. Practice Sharing About God
“How can people have faith in the Lord and ask him to save them, if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear, unless someonetells them?” (Romans 10:14)
- Have I told anyone, anything about God today?
- Am I willing to respond to any divine opportunity today that may come my way to share?
We welcome conversation, suggestions, & just plain good ideas at any time. Comment here or email us at: TribeofGiantSlayers@gmail.com